Co-operatives Research Unit
We rely mainly on external funds to conduct research on co-operatives
and other organisations in the social economy.
Our major research areas have included:
- Analysis of commitment and satisfaction using exchange
- Studies of economic performance and financial structure.
- Worker buyouts of failing and bankrupt enterprises.
- The maintenance and degeneration of internal democracy.
- Structures and strategies for co-op development.
- Women and collective working.
- Historical analysis of co-operative support organisations.
- Co-operation as a social dynamic.
We reply mainly on external funds to conduct research on co-operatives
and other organisations in the social economy. And our recent research
- Social enterprises in UK & Europe.
- Employee ownership and participation.
- Management in the social economy.
- Ethical consumers and markets.
- Innovative financial instruments and institutions in the
- Historical studies of co-operatives.