Co-operatives Research Unit
Education and Training
The Open University is probably the best known distance learning
organisation in the world. Work of the research unit has been used in
various Open University course material including a course for the
unemployed. We have also been involved in producing distance learning
material for co-operatives and organisations in the social economy.
These include three packs - Co-operative Working 1, 2, and 3
- to help people set up their own co-operative and improve its business
and social performance; The Meetings Pack is intended to help
organisations in the social economy improve the way they run meetings.
We also undertake face to face training on a contract basis,
- Strategic management for technology co-operatives.
- Management training for Third World co-operatives.
- Strategic Management in the Social Economy.
- Developing Buyouts and Turnrounds.